Monday, November 9, 2009

A Rose My Love

Like a rose you were, so fragile in beauty
So delicate in structure, so perfect in bloom
Was it the sapphire eyes, so sparkling blue
A smile radiant, that lit up a room
Or skin unblemished, gracing tawny limb
Your innocent poise, both proper and prim
That made me fall in love with you?

Was it a spirit capricious, delighting in teasing
Tantalizing, enticing - allure so pleasing
Or stunning glamour - art on canvas - your face
Two lips like tulips red held by crystal vase
Or tresses auburn, coils sable serpentine
Sunlight scintillant, in ringlets glistening
That made me fall in love with you?

Was it hidden curves - warm, pink spaces
Soft smooth swells my fingers longed to trace
Or inquisitive lips - tongue's probing fashion
Your kiss enflamed with Desire's grand passion
Or arms tight embrace in tender entanglement
Ardent limbs entwined, deep caresses spent
That made me fall in love with you?

Your memory will haunt me - days, years to come
For questions like these, answers there are none
But gentle in my mind, like a breeze wafts an arbor
Thoughts of you will oft visit, sailing Heart's harbor
So alone in vain yearning no escape from this cell
The key is yours, till your return, here shall I dwell
Like a flower fragrant Love's blossom arose
And your scent I'll inhale in the beauty of each rose
For as sure as the sun rises, as long as the sky is blue
While roses yet have petals, I'll be in love with you

No comments:

Post a Comment