Monday, November 9, 2009

Pacemaker

I used to think my heartbeat was stable
Till the wave that I got from U
Now my autonomic system is unable
To control the race of my pulse around you

At first I was apprehensive
That my blood pressure would climb to the ceiling
But I'm not even hypertensive
And I enjoy the sensations I'm feeling

What used to be regular is erratic
An output Frank-Starling enlarged
Like a defibrillatory static
You stimulate my heart with a charge

You are my ectopic focus
You've bypassed my Bundle of Hiss
As long as you're my heart's locus
I'll never need ACLS

You are my rhythm tachycardic
Epinephrine I certainly don't need
Muscarinic signals retarded
Your impulses keep my heart up to speed

You are my sympathomimetic
My course is determined by you
My lifestyle is somewhat frenetic
But I'll never calm down due to you

I'll never need drug stimulation
I'd be unresponsive it's true
Your love makes me feel elation
For my only true heart throb is you

No comments:

Post a Comment