Monday, November 9, 2009

Ceres

You were the light in my darkness
You illumined my sight with your rays
Without you my nights were black starkness
I looked forward to seeing your phase

From a distance in space I beheld you
Your silvered visage soft glowing afar
You provided delight with your presence
More than a myriad of stars

And circling you brought me romance
With a kiss under midnight moonbeams
Unexpected for we didn't planet
The magic of a midsummer's dream

Although I could not always see you
I knew you'd forever be there
And each time you returned I'd review
The beauty of your face with my stare

You were my constant companion
Consistently there by my side
You made me feel a young man again
With you as my orbiting bride

You were my Sol reason for shining
And with your love I felt full
But not till I noticed you were declining
Did I sense the strength of your pull

I imagine I took you for granted
I'd grown accustomed to your face
But when you left I was dienchanted
And a vacuum too sudden filled your space

It appears that some heavenly body
Shadowed and then obscured your light
Someone else seemed to get in between us
And when you left it seemed nothing felt right

It was only one month that I loved you
When too soon you were taken away
I guess even the stars up above knew
That an eclipse holds the moon at bay

No comments:

Post a Comment