Friday, December 18, 2009

X Marks The Spot (mature*)

"Oh God," I think, "you feel so good"
In the heat of flesh that's wet
"Make it last, make it last," I pant
But too fast we are done

We lay in bed holding, touching
Feeling so close, bonded, as one
And I think "it should always be like this"
But such intimacy is ephemeral

I wish that we could remain
Lost in abandon, awash in emotion
And for forever forget the intellect
But reality always intrudes

I want to hold onto those moments
When blissful we snuggle
In complete mental and physical release
But they always slip away

All those cherished times
The instances I wish I could preserve
Are somewhere locked within my mind
If only I could remember where they lay

I want to save these treasures
So I harbor them in secret coves
Golden memories pirated from time
Small chests of jewels buried in fading memories

This love that I find priceless
Can't be hoarded and I mourn
That my recall is so poor, I know
Someday I'll need a dream map to return

No comments:

Post a Comment