Friday, December 18, 2009

A Destiny Of Whispers

You are unique my love,
never since the beginning
of time has there been
one like you, Janene
history bears no
account of affairs
equal to the love
I feel for you

Not Antony and
Cleopatra, nor
Heloise and Abelard
Neither Romeo and
Juliet, nor Roxanne
and Cyrano
can approach
my love for you

Perhaps Lancelot
and Guinever
best encompass
what I feel for you
an undying
chivalrous love
pure of virtue
noble of intent

I come, my princess
a knight in armor
to rescue you
let me slay
your dragons
of uncertainty
let me spend my nights
enamored of you

I would trounce
all foes, vanquish
all opponents
battle to death
for your hand
my life fair
exchange
for your heart

Who knows
what time will bring?
Perhaps our destiny
is to remain forever
the best of friends
were that my fate
I would consider
myself blessed

But should fate
bring your heart to me
feelings developed
akin to mine
we would ensure
our place
in the annals of time
a love for the ages

Night our companion
we would journey to ecstacy
travelling as one
the heaven's starry raiment
our bodies orbiting
in covalent bond
by gravity coalesced
into a unified mass

Dawn would find us
ensconced in slumber
my kisses
to awaken you
and snuggled warm
in welcoming flesh
I would reiterate
my love for you

And we would
populate the planet
were we not
to take care
for my passion
would race with abandon
ravishing you
without govern

Together we would
thrive, nurturing
each other, savoring
each moment, cherishing
each hour, so precious
our time in union,
and gentle we would climb
into the sunset of our lives

And a thousand years on
when young lovers,
by the light of astral
moons, gaze into one anothers
eyes, they will kiss
and a whisper be spoke
"I love you, dear
like Ray did Janene"

No comments:

Post a Comment