Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Memo, Ree

In moments just passed
a span, mere days
I've found my
spirits lift whenever
I discover another
message personal
your private name
a welcomed sight

From initial greeting
to feelings profound
with expectant haste your
thoughts, in greed, made mine
You proffer tales that
lace upon one another
nurturing a foundation
of friendship to flourish

With histories
guarded, yet
divulged during
camaraderie, a
building of rapport
begins to occur
melding two confidantes
twinning in trust

With avid eyes
I roam your soul
and feast upon
intimacies told
their sharing
an act of succor
allaying a hunger
once abysmal

Anticipation floods
a landscape bare, and
I am cast adrift, within
a whirling tide of hope
wondering if worlds
now unknown to me
awaiting exploration
could someday open

From my vantage
you're nothing more
than pixels pretty
upon a cyber screen
Incorporeal...
lacking substance aside
from imagination fired
into flight by fantasy

I've never beheld your
visage real, an image
framed in blonde,
yet I sense your touch
across distance vast; you
wield a talent for warming
with wit, the heat amidst
the humor of your words

I've yet to trace your
gentle swells, the curves
of flesh with eager hand
desiring to discover
places now held secret
filled with hidden delight
how is it then, that I've begun
to hold you in my heart?


No comments:

Post a Comment