Thursday, December 3, 2009

Apology

How many feathers
Does a dove have?
How many petals
On a rose?
How many stars
In the Heavens?
That's an answer
That only God knows

How many grains
Of sand are there
On all of the
Beaches so white?
That's how much
I've missed you, darling
Since the last time
You chose to write

I cherish each word
That you've written
I've kept every
Letter intact
Your feelings have
So deeply touched me
Much more than
Mere human contact

I hunger for
More of your dollops
Like a pup starved
That awaits under table
I race for every
Mail delivery
And avidly scan
Each bunch for a cable

I jump each time
That the phone rings
Hoping to hear
Something new
To talk about things
I long to chat
But the voice never
Belongs to you

Please hurry
Back to me, Honey
I'm so sorry
About our rift
Please forgive me
I am so lonely
Without you
I am bereft

No comments:

Post a Comment