Monday, November 9, 2009

Pas De Deux (mature*)

Hold me close then back away
It's my turn now to follow
When I draw near she disappears
No intimacy allowed

I chase her half across the room
To hold her close in arms
But each time I approach she'll
Change directions as if alarmed

With fancy footwork fleeing
She seems as if to mock me
Retreating then advancing
First evasive then she stalks me

For an instant we touch shoulders
But then she whirls away
And by contact now emboldened
I step forth once more to stay

She lets me grab her hand then pulls
Like as to back away
But I hold on like lovestarved fool
As if begging her "don't stray"

We never will meet, will we
Somewhere close but in between?
Either here or there we'll always be
Forever at extremes

Then finally it upon me dawns
She's playing games with me
And I am nothing but her pawn
In a dance that's romance free

And if you ponder as I leave the ball
Why I didn't try to fuck her?
It's really no wonder after all
She was just my dance instructor

No comments:

Post a Comment